Navigate

Saturday 1 August 2015

1st August


I am on day 5 in Thailand and over the past few days I've been exploring the place where we've (me and my family of 19) have been staying - Koh Samui. Honestly I wouldn't want to go home, if it wasn't for my dogs who I miss so much! 

Pool View: 

Waterfall: 

Buddhist temples: 


Local bar/resturant:

Cocktails on the beach:
  
 Today I took inspiration from the bright colours that are everywhere here and  I created this effect using all Models Own polishes and a fan brush- the technique is really simple, you really don't need to be an expert. 


My cocktail matched my nails! 

 I used : 
Models own (polish for tans) Bikini - yellow 

Models own (polish for tans) Beach Bag - peach

Models own (Ice neon) Bubblegum - neon pink 

Technique:

1. Firstly I painted one coat of my first colour- beach bag onto each nail and waited for it to dry.

2. Next, I wet my brush and wiped the brush horizontally over some tissue in order to evenly seperate bristles on the brush. 


3. Afterwards, I dipped the ends of the brush into the second polish - Bikini (which I put on a Pringles lid :') because it's disposable and makes the process much easier) 

4. Using a horizontal motion I sweeped the polish across my finger in one direction, then picking up more polish I swiped back over the nail again hotizontally in the opposite direction. 
 

 5. Next,clean the brush using nail varnish remover and repeat step 2. 

6. Using the same technique, go in with the first colour again - Beach Bag and then the third colour - Bubblegum remembering to clean your brush after each colour change. 

6. Finally go over sections of each nail with different colours, repeating the same technique to build up the pattern, then clean up the edges and add a topcoat. 

I really like this design, If I had known how to use a fan brush I definatly would have done this sooner! I would also like to try this design out with other colours and also see what it looks like. What do you think? Would you try this design? 


No comments:

Post a Comment